Skills Connect for Immigrants
Are you a skilled immigrant? We can help you find a job that matches your skills, training experience and career goals.
- Assessment of your skills, qualifications and experience
- Career counseling and planning
- English training, workplace language support, and other skill enhancements
- Access to mentoring with professionals in your field
- Job search assistance and workshops
- Access to job leads from over 4,000 employers in our network
- Support from an Employment Counselor and Employer Relations Specialist Partial funding for skills upgrades, language training and professional association memberships
Learn about our Soft Skills course - a free course for our clients.
This course will help you learn how to adjust to cultural differences so that you can better build relationships with Canadian employers.
Read about our clients' success stories!
We've helped skilled immigrants find careers as engineers, accountants, IT professionals, office managers, senior managers, dentists and more.
The weekly calendar of events is dedicated to settlement, language and career events, workshops and opportunities for all your needs as a newcomer to BC.
Thank you for your interest in Skills Connect. Our services ended March 31 however our new employment program--Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants offers similar support to bridge you to a career in BC.
Who can join?
- Permanent residents of Canada within the last five years;
- Unemployed or underemployed - Preferably certified - with at least three years' experience, in a profession, trade or skilled occupation
- Intermediate to advanced level of English speakers
A look at what we do and who we serve:
Skills Connect brochure