An online resource to help:
- newcomers from a regulated occupation who are considering a shift to an alternative career or unregulated job
- employers understand the technological sectors in other countries as a means to harness the skills of high-skilled, unlicensed newcomers in alternative occupations.
Newcomers with skills to contribute
If re-entering a regulated career in Canada is not a realistic, practical goal for you, check out IMPACT, a resource that shows you how you can make full use of your experience, skills and knowledge in technology in an unregulated occupation.
Employers with jobs that do not need licenses
Gain access to resources that help you hire newcomers with in-demand skills for technical jobs that don’t require a licence.
IMPACT resources for newcomers include:
- webinars for newcomers interested in alternative careers in three different technology sectors
- animated flow charts for varied career paths
- newcomer success stories in alternative careers
IMPACT resources for employers include:
- employer guides to hiring internationally trained professionals
- employer toolkit to provide easy-to-use hiring instruments for testing knowledge of applicants
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.”