Type: Regular Part-Time
Location: ISSofBC Vancouver and Surrey
At ISSofBC we believe in:
- Working with purpose
- We aspire to improve
- We cultivate belonging
- We are genuine
Watch our video Why I Love Working Here
About GATEWAY TO TOURISM
The Gateway to Tourism Program will provide support to address the specific challenges of tourism/hospitality sector and employment barriers faced by newcomers and refugees.
In a sector that was the hardest hit by the COVID-A9 pandemic, the tourism and hospitality sector is now entering a new era that promises to be vibrant, innovative, and filled with new potential. In the Gateway to Tourism program, we believe that with the strategic career help from our Case Managers and Employer Relations Specialists, our clients can up-skill or re-skill to a profession in tourism/hospitality, and our sector-based employer partners that tap into our training & e-learning programming, will boost their recruitment and retention practices, and successfully pivot the changing labour market demands in the sector.
As an Employer Relations Specialist, you will report to the Manager – Gateway to Tourism and you will focus on serving skilled professional clients who require assistance in finding meaningful work. In addition to marketing job placement services to generate job leads and placements for unemployed clients that are consistent with ISSofBC policies and funder’s guidelines, you are also responsible for building and fostering positive working relationships with employer contacts to provide access and support to the employer training services available in the program, facilitate group workshops and/or events with employers. You will also provide job information and resources to clients, pre-screen clients and employers, conduct quality job matches and job referrals and provide placement-related coaching and support, and conduct follow-up activities with clients and employers.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Employer Partner Support & Job Development:
- Builds and fosters positive relationships with employer partners
- Promotes access and engagement with ISSofBC employer curriculum on recruitment/retention, anti-oppression, and intersectionality best practices tailored to the tourism and hospitality sector
- Facilitate sector-based workshops/webinars for participating employer partners
- Maintains a database of contacts; and markets job placement services to generate job leads and placements for clients
- Conducts and delivers presentations to employers and employer groups in support of client marketing activities
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with prospective employers, resource persons, and other relevant organizations
- Keeps abreast of developments in the local labour market and trends in the employment/career counselling area
- Arranges placement of participants in job shadowing or work experience opportunities that improve their chances for securing jobs commensurate with their identified skills and experience
- Works with program staff, as appropriate, to identify and pre-screen suitable candidates for job postings, and conducts the necessary screening interviews and appropriate tests to facilitate quality job matches and referrals
- Conducts matches between the skills sets required by employers and the skills sets identified by the clients
- Prepares and coaches participants for the job and/or work experience placement interviews with employers
- Provides ongoing coaching and support to clients. Consults with the relevant staff or the Manager regarding any unresolved issues and problems
- Updates client’s information and employment activities in the CRM, NewTrack
- Maintains necessary records and prepares accurate and timely narrative/statistical data for program reporting purposes
- Perform administrative functions to support marketing activities, such as preparing correspondence, reports, and records
- Creates jobs postings and pre-screening interview forms
- Participates in creating marketing strategies and activities with the marketing team such as planning and participating in outreach and recruitment activities, e.g., hiring events and career information workshops
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You Bring
Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Sociology, professional experience in recruiting and/or talent acquisitions, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Job Developer certificate is an asset to the position.
What Makes You a Change Maker
- Strong communicator: you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner
- A natural connector with an exceptional ability to interact authentically with people from diverse cultural, linguistic, and/or socio-economic backgrounds and experiences
- Proven ability to liaise and develop relationships with employers
- Demonstrated cross-cultural counselling abilities
- Knowledge of adult learning principles including facilitation, use of social media, and /or online learning concepts
- Stay abreast of local labour market trends and issues, especially those related to immigrants and/or clients with skilled professionals
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows applications, software, and databases
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clear BC Criminal Record Check
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
ISSofBC Value Proposition
- Role Salary Range: $25.50 – $32.35 per hour
- Expected Starting Range: $25.50 – $27.06. Dependent on education, training, experience, and internal equity. Wage grids are reviewed annually
- Three (3) weeks’ vacation per calendar year
- Hybrid work opportunity
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination is required.
ISSofBC’s mission and values emphasize inclusivity and recognition of individuals’ unique talents. In recruiting and developing our staff, we see strength in diversity of backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities. We welcome and encourage applicants who bring new perspectives and experiences to our team.
If you are passionate about making a difference, apply now!
Start Date: as soon as possible
Location: Vancouver and Surrey
Position: Regular part-time position at 17.5 hours per week
Closing Date: open until filled
Email applications must include: “2022-GTH-13” and can be sent to: email@example.com.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.