Whether you’re a Canadian citizen, a long-term resident, or new to Canada yourself, you can help build a more inclusive community by participating in ISSofBC’s Volunteer Connections program.
Volunteers make a huge contribution to our work helping immigrants and refugees build new lives in Canada. The ISSofBC volunteer program provides many opportunities for dedicated individuals to contribute their time and talents to a wide and interesting variety of activities that support newcomers in their settlement journey.
You can join if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or immigrant,
- are willing to commit a minimum of three months of your time,
- successfully complete a criminal record check, and,
- attend an orientation session and additional training as needed.
A criminal record check is required due to the nature of our work with vulnerable populations. Applications may take time to complete and we thank you for your patience!
As a volunteer you will:
- practice and use your skills and knowledge in a variety of areas,
- gain new experience,
- obtain a reference,
- build your networks and connections within the community,
- make new friends and learn about other cultures, countries/languages, and,
- participate in free workshops.
Check out current volunteer opportunities
Sign up online to volunteer in your community
- Langley online application
- Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows online application
- New Westminster online application
- Tri-Cities online application
Due to the overwhelming response from interested volunteers in Vancouver, Burnaby and Richmond, we can only accept applications for specific positions listed. Click above view all to apply. We appreciate your patience!
Already a volunteer?
Login to your account
Thank you everyone for being a part of our team!