What we do
Whether you’re a professional or a skilled tradesperson looking for local training and certification, or considering a career change, our FCR loans program can help.
How can you get your foreign credentials recognized in Canada?
- We provide easy approval low-interest loans to fund local training, retraining and professional or trades certifications.
- We offer up to 4 years free employment services to meet your short-term and long-term career goals.
If you’re newcomer jobseeker, you may need to complete the foreign credential recognition (FCR) process of verifying your foreign credentials in Canada. This may require additional training and employment services.
Funded in part by the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program
You can join if you:
- Are an immigrant, Canadian citizen or protected person in BC and legally permitted to work in Canada
- Have obtained your post-secondary education outside of Canada
- Provide information and selection about certification and training for a specific occupation in Healthcare, Engineering, Legal, Business, IT, Education, Social Service and other professions (see full list)
- Explore career opportunities within your field or career change related/unrelated to your pre-arrival career
- Provide connections to other employment services, resources, employers, and job opportunities
- Develop an individualized action plan and employment services to help you succeed in your career goals
- Mentoring and volunteering to improve your soft skills, Canadian work experience and portfolio building
- Job search and career planning webinars to improve your resume, LinkedIn profile, interview and networking skills for better job offers
- Job opportunities