At ISSofBC we believe in:
- Passion Helping immigrants start and build a future in Canada
- Diversity Acceptance of individuals’ unique needs and aspirations
- Teamwork When you succeed, we succeed
Watch our video Why I Love Working Here
About IGNITE and SPARK
The IGNITE and SPARK program supports immigrants and refugees to navigate local entrepreneurship and design, develop and launch their own business start-up.
In IGNITE and SPARK, we believe that our clients deserve a proactive partner who helps them succeed. We bring empathy, are forward-thinking, and we’re constantly iterating our tools and processes to deliver a proactive client experience in a fast-changing environment.
As an Assistant Manager for IGNITE and SPARK, you will assist with the day-to-day operations of the program by supervising and/or coordinating the activities of the Service Assistants and Business Advisors. You will support with recruitment of staff and program participants, curriculum development/enhancement, training implementation, project evaluations, and reporting/administrative functions.
How You’ll Make a Difference
Leadership and People Management
- Create and foster a respectful and inclusive team environment by welcoming and celebrating differences to ensure a supportive and engaging experience for all team members and clients
- Manage the operations of the department with the support of the Program Manager
- Fulfillment by maintaining sound knowledge of all Program functions, tasks, policies, procedures, and systems
- Assist in crisis management and follow-up for high-needs clients including co-ordinating interventions with appropriate agencies. Provide individual and group para- counselling related to entrepreneurial employment as required
- Ensure that entrepreneurship services and interventions provided are consistent with program objectives and funder’s prescribed process
- Review client files to ensure files are completed and closed as per established procedures, reporting system to ensure accuracy of data transferred
- Identified service gaps and make recommendations to address these issues
- Assist in the development of seminars/webinars/on-demand education on a variety of business topics including, but not limited to Business Planning for the program
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, assist in program marketing, development of service enhancements, and community partnerships
- Provide backup and client overflow support for the Ignite and Spark team, in all aspects of client services, during busy periods, breaks, and staff vacations
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Baccalaureate in Social Services, Business Administration, Public Policy, Education
- OR related field supplemented by a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ recent related employment services work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a supervisor or manager in a mid-sized organization
- Additional training in Conflict Resolution, Staff Training, and/or Coaching is preferred
- Awareness of technical skills in operational excellence
- Understanding of what it takes to start a business and small business in BC.
What Makes You a Change Maker
- A natural connector with an entrepreneurial mindset
- A passion for client success, workforce relevance, and the local entrepreneurial business environment, including issues and trends.
- A bright leader with an inclusive approach to hiring, training, and staff evaluation
- Creativity & innovation in marketing the program
- New and exciting ways to help clients in problem-solving and finding pathways to business success
- Bold curiosity and a willingness to learn new technology with previous experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom, and Microsoft Teams
- Can-do attitude with resilience and perseverance
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
ISSofBC Value Proposition
- Role Salary Range: $25.31 – $33.08 per hour
- Expected Starting Range: $25.31 – $26.86. Dependent on education, training, experience, and internal equity. Wage grids are reviewed annually
- 105 hours of vacation and 35 hours of personal leave
- Extended health and dental benefits
- Employer matched RRSP with contributions up to 5%
- Hybrid work opportunity
- Collaborative peers with a wide range of backgrounds and talents
- Inclusive culture
- Innovative workplace with opportunity for new approaches
ISSofBC’s mission and values emphasize inclusivity and recognition of individuals’ unique talents. In recruiting and developing our staff, we see strength in diversity of backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities. We welcome and encourage applicants who bring new perspectives and experiences to our team.
If you are passionate about making a difference, apply now!
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: servicing multiple locations
Position: Regular full-time at 35 hours per week
Closing Date: By 4 pm on Tuesday, March 29, 2022, or open until the position is filled
Email applications must include: “2021-IgniteSpark-02” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.