Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre - 2610 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
- Accompany newly arrived refugee clients to different appointments such as government offices, medical, apartment/housing
- Accompany clients to go grocery shopping while they stay at Welcome Centre
- Accompany clients to other ISSofBC related activities out of Welcome Centre site such as field trips to community centres, public libraries, etc.
Qualification & Skills:
- Good command of English language
- Able to adjust language to communicate with adults with very low levels of English
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Patience, enthusiasm and empathy for diverse individuals new to Canada
- Second language is an asset but not mandatory
- On-Call assignments from 2 to 4 hours per assignment (often, on a short notice).
- Preferably from Monday to Friday, between 9am to 5pm.
On-going, for a minimum of 3 months
Contact: Dorcas Mendez
604-684-2561 Ext. 1632