Location: New Westminster
Merlin Plastics Supply – New Westminster, BC
We are a plastics manufacturing company that is continuously expanding and are looking for employees who would like to grow with the company. Our plastics processing plant in New Westminster is looking for a Millwright who will be responsible for preventive maintenance, breakdown maintenance, new installations and restorations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Order and maintain inventory of parts for each machinery; cutting blades and grinder knives, etc.
* Install, maintain, inspect and repair a variety of manufacturing equipment
* Provide regular and routine maintenance ensuring safety, quality, productivity and environmental policies are held to the highest standards
* Replace and adjust the blades/ knives as per schedule * Follow Merlin’s operating procedure on use of the surface grinder
* Set the knife gap and test run the grinder and shredder for proper cutting * Change the pelletizer blades when required
* Align the pelletizer frame, set the gap an test run for proper cutting
* Perform preventive maintenance procedures as instructed
* Assist production personnel on processing problems
* Keep the shop area clean and tidy
* Perform general welding repairs when required
* Assist maintenance in-charge with mechanical repairs
* Assist with the installation of new equipment
* Follow plant lock-out procedures during repair or servicing
* Report anything that is unsafe or hazardous to maintenance and Plant Manager immediately
* Maintain housekeeping in working area at all times
* Follow safety regulation, company policies, and guidelines
* Keep neat and accurate records of all aspects of maintenance. Clearly document and communicate tasks including a description of the repair and any follow up required.
* Keeps safety as a top priority and works diligently to ensure all safety policies and procedures are adhered to.
* Certified Red Seal Millwright or minimum 4 years equivalent experience
* Forklift experience
* Ability to learn new procedures
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Adhere to Health and Safety standards
* Must possess excellent problem-solving skills.
* Mechanically inclined * Reliable and organized
What we offer: * Full-Time and Long-Term Employment
* Group Benefits (such as Dental & Healthcare) and RRSP’s after 3 months * Employee personal and professional development (eg: Forklift training, Confined Space and Fall Protection, JLG Scissor Lift training) if the employee wishes
* Personalized training
* Strong HR support
* Free parking space
* Company events on a regular basis
* Dynamic work environment
* Diverse culture: opportunity to learn from different backgrounds
* Bus stop is 3 minutes away
* Potential carpool, depending on the situation
Additional pay will be awarded to those with OFA Level 2 or 3 certificate
*** To Apply: For ISSofBC clients, please contact your Employment Counselor or Career Facilitator. For others, please contact 604-684-2561, or email: email@example.com and reference the Job ID in the subject title.***