Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: WorkBC Employment Center - Maple Ridge
WorkBC Employment Centre – Maple Ridge
Regular full-time position at 37.5 hours per week starting as soon as possible.
Reporting to the WorkBC Manager and Program Manager – WorkBC Maple Ridge, assists eligible job seekers who are employed or underemployed, to achieve labour market attachment by performing such activities as assessing employment readiness and eligibility, supporting client(s) to identify realistic employment options and develop realistic action plans, become job ready, and successfully transition to sustainable employment
- Confirms client eligibility for programs and services and explores all service options available to each client. Distributes financial supports necessary for client program and workplace participation.
- Interviews clients and identifies interests, skills, suitability, and job readiness. Works with clients to develop realistic employment action plans. Makes referrals to other programs and/or services if necessary.
- Delivers case management services including but not limited to: skills enhancement, work experience, job search, and job development support. Provides ongoing, supportive employment coaching and behavioural management techniques and monitors client’s progress.
- Assist client to become job ready be performing such activities as: arranging for further education or up-grading, researching funding sources or funding alternatives and preparing education funding applications for approval.
- Advises clients and employers of wage subsidy information and placement terms. Subsequently follows up with clients and employers to ensure education, work experience, and employment placements and agreements are established and maintained. Monitors the quality of client placements.
- Markets employment and training program(s) to prospective clients and employers. Develops related promotional materials as required.
- Completes and maintains client related records, documentation, and reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, community social services supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years recent related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Punjabi, Mandarin or Farsi language an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, staff and the public who may come from differing cultural, linguistic and/or socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable of career development and labour market needs and trends.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a high-volume caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2020-WorkBC-02” and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Tuesday, June 2, 2020
Salary Range: $24.75 – $26.27 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.