Type: Regular full-time
Location: WorkBC Midtown
WorkBC Employment Centre – Midtown
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting on September 27, 2021
Reporting to the Manager – WorkBC, Support Office and Manager – WorkBC Midtown, supports and assists clients in overcoming barriers to increase their employability and obtain paid employment by delivering employment and life skills topics utilizing approved curriculum in either group workshops, individual sessions, or online. Additionally, provides supports to clients working independently on their job search efforts in the Resource Room. Develop and maintains comprehensive employment-related resource materials.
- Facilitate workshops either on-site, as part of outreach or on-line in either group or individual settings tailored to the client(s) unique needs.
- Engage workshop clients in a variety of instructional methods such as role-playing, team exercises, group discussions, and multi-media presentations. Review, evaluate and improve workshops to ensure effectiveness, relevance, and quality to support clients in obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Monitor and update client attendance and progress in workshops. Document client follow-up progress notes
- In ICM as well as updates individual notes in client files ensuring accuracy and timeliness. Follow-up with Employment Specialist as required.
- Supports clients utilizing the resource room in a manner that promotes independence and self-sufficiency. Monitor progress of regular service users in the resource centre, assess for service eligibility and administer initial intake assessment when it is determined further intervention through case management is necessary.
- Ensures the resource room as a variety of relevant, current, and credible employment-related resource materials and labour market information. Liaises with other community service organizations ensuring that comprehensive, current, and accurate information regarding locally community-based services and labour market information is available. Updates information on job opportunities posted in the resource centre.
- Participates and supports all of the centre’s initiatives such as hiring fairs and community engagement events as required.
- Participates in staff meetings, committee meetings, and staff training as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in human development, employment services, or business practices; certification in Career Development, Life Skills counselling and/or Vocational Rehabilitation and a minimum of 1 – 2 years’ experience working in employment services OR a combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. French language is considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, staff and the public who may come from differing cultural, linguistic and/or socio-economic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated facilitation experiences, specifically delivering workshops on effective job search, retention strategies, self-marketing and labour market information.
- In-depth understanding of Career Development and Labour Market trends.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction policies and eligibility requirements and a good understanding of the Employment Insurance Act.
- Trained and qualified to administer interest and personality assessments such as the Strong Interest Inventory and Personality Dimensions.
- Sound understanding of employment barriers and experience working with various client groups.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2021-WorkBC-11” and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Friday, September 24, 2021
Wage range is commensurate with the level of experience and qualification you possess. A comprehensive benefits package is available for eligible employees.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.