Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC Metro Vancouver
IRCC Employment – Metro Vancouver
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Assists eligible job seekers who are unemployed or underemployed to develop digital skills required to participate in labour marketing programming and secure employment.
- Develop and administer an in-person employment-specific digital literacy diagnostic assessment to determine clients’ digital skill gaps and learning needs for employment and inform the training interventions and supports required.
- Develop and deliver employment-specific digital literacy modules including virtual interviews etiquette, navigating online applications and job boards.
- Work directly with local newcomers seeking employment, providing them with coaching and support in accessing ISSofBC Employment online learning modules and services on our online learning platform, Moodle.
- Coach participants with lower digital literacy to navigate online meeting platforms (Zoom, GoToMeeting) in their participation in remote one-one-one and/or group program services.
- Provide in-person support to clients accessing the ISSofBC Job Lab, providing demonstrations, observation, and navigation support to provide the practical, hands-on support clients require to effectively learn and practice digital skills for employment, including building job portfolios and providing job search skills support and feedback.
- Travel, as required, to ISSofBC IRCC Employment Services sites to delivery small group assessments, training, and support.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with others in the team dedicated to providing high-quality employment supports to newcomers to British Columbia.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum three (3) years’ experience in social services, employment counselling, customer service or equivalent experience. Understanding and/or experience of the realities and challenges newcomers face in Canada. Familiarity with the programs/services and resources available to newcomers in British Columbia is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional ability to interact authentically with people from diverse cultural, linguistic, and/or socio-economic backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to think critically, analyze situations and issues.
- Excellent research skills, including the ability to find and share information quickly.
- Strong computer proficiency, including ability to use various types of technology.
- Experience facilitating professional learning in digital literacy, maintaining an online presence, and/or digital footprint(s) and privacy is preferred.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
If you are not certain that your credentials are a 100% fit for this position, we encourage you to apply anyway. ISSofBC is committed to helping immigrants build a future in Canada and you might be the perfect fit. Qualified employees are eligible for employer-paid benefits, matching RRSP contributions, and 3 weeks annual vacation.
Email applications must include “2021-IRCCEmployment-01” and can be sent to:
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Monday, August 9, 2021, or until the position is filled
Salary Range: $24.75 – $26.27 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.