Type: Temporary Part-Time
Location: ISSofBC Nelson and Castlegar
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program – Nelson/Castlegar locations
Temporary part-time position at 21 hours per week starting as soon as possible through to March 31, 2022
Reporting to the Manager – Career Path, provides individualized, on-line, or group employment and career counselling services. Supporting clients to get access to training funds, learn the occupation-specific language, connect to employers, and gain Canadian work experience to help them find career success. Facilitates the development of a realistic personal action plan for the employment or further training of the client. Monitors clients’ progress and provides follow-up counselling and support until action plan is completed. Prepares and maintains prescribed reports on each client. Produces resumes and letters of application, as needed. Assists in client recruitment, program marketing and project evaluation activities.
- Provides career planning and job search assistance, including developing job search-related documents including e-portfolios and portfolios.
- Work as part of a multi-faceted team to deliver comprehensive employment program designed to meet the individual needs of all Clients and provides individual counselling and remote service delivery (on-line) as needed.
- Keeping abreast of labour market trends, employment issues, community resources, job training, and employment opportunities. Be familiar with and able to work with clients using the latest technology.
- Responsible for reporting Client progress and milestones through different software.
- Monitors the progress of clients towards achieving their employment and/or training goals and provides ongoing support until the client’s action plan is completed, according to their necessities.
- Coordinates enrolment and payment for external services.
- Provides job search, retention and job development services to program participants and connected employer partners.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate records and prepares necessary reports on each client.
- Builds and maintains positive employer relationships in the Kootenays region to support job development activities.
- Keeps abreast of developments in the local labour market and trends in the employment/career
- Collects, updates, and maintains client data as required.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Certificate or diploma in vocational counselling; Certificate in Essential Skills; or Job Finding Club facilitation supplemented by a minimum of 6 months’ employment counselling experience including facilitating workshops and small groups OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience providing individualized, on-line, or group employment and career counselling services.
- Demonstrated experience motivating, coaching, and mentoring clients with a broad range of multicultural backgrounds.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Passion for helping job seekers achieve their goals.
- Ability to work in a flexible environment and relate well with others.
- Demonstrated knowledge of local labour market issues, especially those related to immigrant clients.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Windows applications, software, and databases.
- Ability to facilitate employment workshops is an asset.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clear BC Criminal Record Check.
Email applications must include “2021-CP-06” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Salary Range: $26.27 – $27.88 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.