ID: Board Administrator & Project Coordinator Contractor
Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre-Vancouver
Contract Position: 2-3 days per week, 3-4 months (may be extended pending return of incumbent) starting on or about end of April/beginning May 2022
The Immigrant Services Society of BC (ISSofBC) is one of the largest immigrant-serving agencies in Canada, with a national and international reputation in the field of migrant issues and services for immigrants and refugees. Since 1972, we’ve been providing a variety of support services for immigrants and refugees to help them get settled, find careers and learn all they need to know about starting their new lives in Canada. Through our dedicated staff, volunteers and community partners, we provide settlement, education and employment services for over 20,000 clients every year.
ISSofBC is seeking to contract with an experienced administrator and project coordinator. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and working closely with the Board of Directors and Board Committees, the role will coordinate a number of projects and initiatives over a 3-4 month period (may be extended pending return of incumbent) providing interim support during a staff absence.
Working flexibly and collaboratively, the contractor will provide effective and efficient project management support to ensure several important governance, community, and organizational initiatives are completed on-time and in-line with established goals.
The work can be undertaken in-person or remotely, with some on-site presence at our East Vancouver offices required for meetings and coordination.
Projects & Initiatives
- Provides administrative and coordination support to working Committees of the ISSofBC Board of Directors, with a focus on the Bursary and Nominations & Recruitment committees during their annual project cycles (May to September).
- Coordinates development of project plans for initiatives and takes responsibility for their smooth implementation and completion. Provides a range of supports including coordination and distribution of marketing materials (in partnership with the internal communications group); receipt and processing of applications; first-point-of-access for information to and screening of community applicants / nominees; coordination of assessment and interview processes; writing of reports and recommendation summaries; liaison with donors, sponsors, and community stakeholders.
- Provides administrative support to the Board and CEO in the planning of meetings, including the AGM and events associated with the organization’s 50th anniversary celebrations.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills
- Extensive administration and project coordination experience at Board and / or senior organizational levels.
- Experience providing administrative or project management support to recruitment processes and / or award programs an advantage.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team – and the judgement to create and follow-though on work processes that balance both. A quick starter who can take initiative, but also knows when to seek clarification or direction on sensitive or key issues.
- Excellent verbal and written skills. Professional yet collegial presentation style – someone who can represent our organization in the community with integrity.
- Experience in a range of sectors and industries is applicable, though an understanding, appreciation, and empathy with the values and practice of the social impact sector is critical. Experience of immigration, vocational, or educational sectors an advantage.
Please send a short proposal detailing your experience, proposed approach, fee structure, and other relevant information.
Email application must include “Board Administrator & Project Coordinator Contractor” in the subject line and can be sent to email@example.com.
This posting will remain open until the role is filled.
ISSofBC’s mission and values emphasize inclusivity and recognition of individuals’ unique talents, and in recruiting staff and contractors, we see strength in diversity of backgrounds, lived experiences, and identities.