January 17, 2019
3:00 pm to 4:30 pm
Skills and Supports for Job Success – Coqutuitlam Location
If you or someone you know is struggling to find work, Skills and Supports for Job Success is a program developed to help with finding immediate employment. You may be a newcomer to Canada or from another province, be dealing with a long unemployment gap or just wanting to get back to work – but don’t know where to begin.
Next program starts January 14, 2019 (Monday) however, applications can still be accepted until January 21, 2019. Join us for an info session every Thursday to learn more about the program! Info sessions take place at our Coquitlam office in the classroom at 3:00 pm.
This free Employment Program offers:
• 5 weeks of employment workshops – learn effective job search strategies (e.g. targeted resumes, cover letters, interviews, contacting employers, and more!)
• Work experience and connections with employers
• Free short-term certificates and training (e.g. First Aid, Food Safe, ForkLift, Serving It Right, SuperHost, WHMIS etc.)
• Bus ticket and work clothing supports
• 12 weeks follow-up and ongoing support after program completion
The Job Success program is open to those who are:
• Unemployed and not eligible for Employment Insurance (EI)
• Under-employed (working less than 20 hours/ week) and looking for full-time employment
• 18 years of age or older
• Able to commit to full-time workshops for 5 weeks
• Canadian Citizens, Permanent Residents, or Protected Persons legally entitled to work in Canada
• Motivated and ready to find immediate employment
For questions or to register please contact:
Martha Contreras at 604-684-6199 ext. 1580 or email@example.com
- This event has passed.