September 7, 2022
10:00 am to 8:00 pm
136 – 3030 Lincoln Avenue, Coquitlam
Are you interested in teaching English at ISSofBC, one of the oldest and largest immigrant serving agencies in BC?
Teachers at ISSofBC are fully supported by an experienced Instructional Coordinator team, have access to a large internal bank of shared skill-building and assessment materials, and participate regularly in Assessment Planning and Sharing sessions led by a PBLA Lead Teacher. Teach with the best!
Have you heard about LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) but want to know more?
Opportunity to attend an information session with Q&A for you to learn more about:
- Teaching settlement-focused English to newcomers in LINC
- How to understand the Canadian Language Benchmarks (CLBs), the standard to measure English levels in Canada
- What’s involved with PBLA, the portfolio-based language assessment that is the mandatory assessment strategy in LINC
Sign up for an information session (10:00 am, 2:00 pm or 6:00 pm) – attendance is not mandatory. Information session offered by Lead Instructional Coordinator and PBLA Regional Coach for the Centre for Canadian Language Benchmarks, Lisa Herrera.
Bring your resume and references and get pre-screened on the spot!
Qualified candidates can join the ISSofBC on-call teacher list and start teaching almost immediately!
- Must have a degree from recognized university
- Must have a certificate or diploma from a TESL Canada recognized training institution (including successful completion of practicum in a classroom setting)
Want to learn about LINC but can’t attend on September 7? No problem! A special online information session will be offered on Tuesday evening, September 6 at 6 PM on Zoom. Please sign up to get the Zoom link.
To sign up, please fill out the form:
- This event has passed.