Whether you’re a Canadian citizen, a long-term resident, or new to Canada yourself, you can help build a more inclusive community by participating in ISSofBC’s Volunteer Connections program.
Volunteers make a huge contribution to our work helping immigrants and refugees build new lives in Canada. The ISSofBC volunteer program provides many opportunities for dedicated individuals to contribute their time and talents to a wide and interesting variety of activities that support newcomers in their settlement journey.
You can join if you:
- are a Canadian citizen or immigrant,
- are willing to commit a minimum of three months of your time,
- successfully complete a criminal record check, and,
- attend an orientation session and additional training as needed.
A criminal record check is required due to the nature of our work with vulnerable populations. Applications may take time to complete and we thank you for your patience!
Volunteer positions include:
- Settlement Mentor
- Agency Receptionist
- Administrative Assistant
- Field Trip Leader
- Community Outreach/Special Events
- ESL Teacher’s Assistant/Tutor
- Settlement Services Assistant
- Volunteer Program Coordinator Assistant
As a volunteer you will
- Practice and use your skills and knowledge in a variety of areas
- Gain new experience
- Obtain a reference
- Build your networks and connections within the community
- Make new friends and learn about other cultures, countries and languages
- Participate in free workshops.
Thank you everyone for being a part of our team!