Postings are updated daily.
Volunteer Youth Room and Administrative Assistant – Vancouver
Location: Welcome Center at 2610 Victoria Drive
Duties: Assist with daily operations of the youth room, assist with research- external youth programming and initiatives, create list of community youth partners, assist with program activities and events
Skills: Strong communication, online research and organizational skills, proficiency in MS office (word and excel), ability to work and build rapport with newcomer youth clients
Commitment: Once or twice a week from July, 2017 to September 2017
Days and time: Thursdays and Fridays: 2 pm to 6:30 pm shifts, Saturdays 11 am to 2 pm shifts
Criminal Record Check required
Settlement Mentor – Langley
Location: Langley Office – #204 – 20621 Logan Avenue
- Meet once per week for a 6 – 12 month period with a newcomer.
- Welcome newcomers to Canada and connect them to their community.
- Be a resource person who assists newcomers to learn about different aspects of life in Canada.
- Be an explorer who is interested in learning about newcomers’ culture and language.
- Be a friend who provides friendship and support to newcomers.
- Be an initiator who takes the lead to develop a connection with the newcomer and maintains contact each week.
- Willingness to learn and appreciate the cultural practices of others
- Desire to help others
- Reliable and responsible
- Knowledge of services and resources available in Langley
Commitment: 3 hours a week for 6 – 12 months
Dates: Continuous intake throughout the year
Canadian citizens and immigrants are eligible to become ISSofBC volunteers. You must be willing to commit to a minimum of three months. Due to the nature of working with ISSofBC clients, a valid criminal record check for vulnerable populations will be required prior to volunteering. In addition, all applicants must attend an orientation session and additional training as needed. We ask for applicant’s patience as these strict selection criteria and processes can take time to complete.