Over 70 construction workers representing every trade are working six days a week as we turn to 2016 and the targeted April 30 completion date.
Towards the northwest corner of the building, it looks much like the rendering drawings. As you walk through you can sense the intensity of focus as everyone works towards completing their piece of the building puzzle. Here are just some of the construction milestones currently and in the last couple of weeks.
- exterior windows have been installed
- insulation and drywall completed and/or underway on levels 1-3
- bathroom tiling started on level 1
- interior painting is about to start on level 1 north wall
- exterior siding has begun
- elevator arrived last week, waiting for crew to begin installation
- steel stubs completed on level 6
- exterior landscaping has also started on level 5 and 6
- exterior and interior signage has been designed
After ISSofBC senior leadership and Board of Directors deliberations we have settled on the building’s future name – ISSofBC Welcome Centre.
Save the date – Saturday, June 18, 2016 for our grand opening – much more details to follow early in the new year.