Spaces available in our IELTS Evening classes Register now!

Settlement Services

Settlement Orientation Services (SOS)

Settlement Orientation Services (SOS)


Are you going through a refugee claim process and need help along the way? SOS provides support during and after your claim.

We provide:

Settlement Program:

  • Information and assistance with the refugee claim process
  • Referrals to related community services
  • Advocacy and interpretation
  • Help with completing forms, including student and work authorizations
  • Help with applying for legal aid, welfare, SIN card, Leisure Access Pass and more
  • Counseling to help you deal with culture shock

Health program:

  • Orientation to Canadian health services and coverage
  • A personal health plan
  • Support program for those with HIV / AIDS, including home visits
  • Outreach service for LGBT clients
  • Referral to related services including trauma counselling

Contact us
Would you like to learn more? Give us a call at 604-255-1881 or visit

  • Vancouver
    Mona Hassannia, Program Manager
    (Phone) 604-255-1881 (Ext 3008)

Who can get help?

The Settlement and Orientation Services is open to all refugee claimants who need assistance with the claim process or with settlement issues.

SOS brochure