Spaces available in our IELTS Evening classes Register now!

How to Register

You can take LINC if you are a Permanent resident, and 17 years or older. Please note that Canadian Citizens are not eligible to take LINC  in the Lower Mainland.

Before you can enroll in a LINC program, you must complete a language assessment.

   Step 1 – Completing an Assessment  

Photocopy your relevant Canadian Status Document. For more information on applicable documents, please refer to the LINC brochure and application form.

Bring the form and relevant documents to the Assessment and Referral Centre:

For people living in Vancouver, North Vancouver, West Vancouver, Richmond, South Delta, Burnaby or New Westminster, apply to:
Western ESL Services
LINC Assessment and Referral Centre
#208 – 2525 Commercial Drive
Vancouver, BC V5N 4C1
Tel: 604-876-5756 Fax: 604 876-0134

For people living in Surrey, North Delta, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge or the Fraser Valley, apply to:

Surrey Language Assessment Centre
LINC Assessment and Referral Centre
#202 – 7337 137th Street
Surrey, BC V3W 1A4
Tel: 604 507-4150 Fax: 604-507-4155

For people living in Langley, apply to:

New Directions Vocational Testing and Counselling Services
5566-204th Street
Langley, BC V3A 1Z5
Tel: 604-530-0535 Fax: 604-532-0561

For people living in the Sea to Sky Corridor or Sunshine Coast, apply to:

#101-38085 2nd Avenue
Squamish, BC V8B 0C3
Tel: 604-567-4490

   Step 2 – Registering for a LINC Program  

1. Gather the following documents:

Your Identification (Permanent Resident Card or Government Issues of Proof of Status for those that do not have a Permanent Resident Card)
Your Canadian Language Benchmark Report
Your Care Card

2. Visit an ISSofBC location near you.

LINC program brochure

LINC application

Not sure what to do? Watch this video for help