Are you a newcomer looking for gainful employment? We have the resources, training and support to help you return to the workforce.
The Settlement Program-Employment provides immigrants, live-in caregivers and refugee newcomers with information about BC's job market, guidance and support on employment issues and connection to the broader community.
- Help build a realistic career plan and identify potential barriers
- Referrals to employment resources, programs and training
- Information on community events, workshops and career fairs
- Help with researching labour market and finding employment options
- Support with creating targeted resumes and cover letters
- Coaching on interview techniques and job search strategies
- Help understand hiring practices and BC employment customs
Job search workshops are also available on a variety of topics, including short term courses on:
- Understanding Career Options
- Job Search Essentials
- Interview Skills
- Computer and Internet Literacy
Would you like to learn more? Give us a call or send an email to:
Who can join?
Newcomers who have been in Canada for less than five years receive priority assistance. We can serve newcomers that fit into any of the following immigration status:
- Permanent Residents of Canada
- Protected Persons as defined in S. 95 of IRPA
- Individuals who have been selected to become permanent residents, and who have been informed, by a letter from CIC
- Live-in Caregivers
- Temporary Foreign Workers
- Provincial Nominees who are still awaiting a letter of approval for permanent residency from CIC
- Naturalized Canadian Citizens
Check out our employment resources for insights on career exploration, labour market research, training and job search engines.