Are you an immigrant or refugee looking for gainful employment? We have the resources, training and support to help you return to the workforce.
Job Quest is an employment program helping multi-barriered
immigrants and refugees find jobs or training in their areas of experience or interest.
- Individual support and group workshops on job search topics
- Assistance with researching the labour market and resolving potential barriers
- Support with creating targeted resumes and cover letters
- Coaching on job search strategies and interview techniques
- Clarification of hiring practices and workplace expectations
- Resources for understanding employment rights and responsibilities
- Referrals to job fairs, training programs and other supportive employment services
- Enhanced referrals to ISSofBC’s new team of Employer Relations Specialists for multi-barriered clients
Would you like to learn more? Give us a call or send an email to:
Who can join?
- Permanent Residents
- Refugees (Government Assisted and Privately Sponsored) and Refugee Claimants
- Naturalized Canadian Citizens
- Caregivers and Temporary Foreign Workers
- Priority given to those who have been in Canada 5 years or less and whose English is assessed at CLB 5 or below
Check out our employment resources for insights on career exploration, labour market research, training and job search engines.