Training program for newcomer youth interested in becoming peer leaders in their communities.
Youth Peer Leaders Training offers:
- volunteer hours (30 +)
- access to community resources
- opportunity to connect with other newcomer youth
- participants will partake in 8 sessions over the course of 2 months
- session topics will focus on community engagement, mental wellness, post-secondary education, and more
- youth will have a chance to connect with guest speakers and learn about community partners and resources
- upon graduation, participants will create and lead their own peer support groups.
- create, plan and facilitate sessions for newcomer youth.
Learn more – contact Tamala Mwandemere via email at email@example.com
- Permanent Resident, Government Assisted Refugee, Naturalized Citizen
- Youth aged 14-24
What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.”