What we offer
Immigrants and refugees who are unemployed or precariously employed and impacted by COVID-19 learn new skills and start careers in hospitality.
- 16-week part-time diploma in Global Tourism from ISSofBC Language & Career College
- Job readiness and soft skills training
- Connections to local employers and networking events
Participants receive a diploma in Global Tourism at the end of training.
- Be 15 at least years old at the time of participant information form submission
- Canadian Citizen, Permanent resident, or Protected Persons (as designated under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act) entitled to work in Canada (must have up-to-date work permit doc)
- Live in Metro Vancouver
- Have a SIN number
- CLB language level 6 (or higher)
- Action planning to identify and support your career goals
- 16-week Global Tourism Diploma
- Classes are held online, part-time, Monday to Friday
- Up to seven months of job search, placement and retention supports