What we do
- Provide legal advice to individuals who have experienced sexual harassment in the workplace through free legal clinics at ISSofBC
- Offer public legal education on workplace sexual harassment through free workshops at ISSofBC and other locations
- Refer to employment and settlement services including emotional support and counselling
Our free legal clinic focuses on providing assistance to newcomers who have faced sexual discrimination and harassment in the workplace, whatever their status in Canada.
Respect at Work Legal Clinic runs in partnership with the Migrants Workers Centre (MWC).
- Hold free legal clinics in ISSofBC locations throughout Metro Vancouver
- Provide legal advice to people who experience discrimination and harassment in the workplace through phone or personal meeting with assistance of an interpreter if needed
- Offer referrals to psychosocial, employment, language and settlement services
- Conduct legal education to the public on workplace sexual harassment through classroom orientations, workshops and advocacy campaigns
Free legal information and advice
Migrant Workers Centre (MWC) Hotline: 604-404-1931
Tuesday and Thursday: 9 am–8 pm
Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday: 9 am–5 pm