Areas of law covered
This program provides full representation on the following:
- Temporary Resident Status Applications
- Permanent Resident Status Applications
- Citizenship Applications
- Travel Documents
- Immigration Enforcement, Immigration Hearings and Judicial Reviews
- Clients that meet the low-income criteria and do not qualify for legal aid coverage. Eligilbity criteria includes:
- Low-income individual/family - as a guideline, please refer to the Low Income Cut-Off Table
- Receiving Government or Income Assistance (MSDPR)
- Receiving Employment Insurance (EI)
- Receiving Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
- Receiving Shelter Aid for Elderly Renters (SAFER)
- Participating in the Government of Canada Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP)
- Interpreters are not available. Clients must bring their own interpreters or cultural brokers, which can include friends, family or staff to assist in interpretation.
The level of assistance varies from referrals, advice or full representation in the court of law.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Law Foundation of BC.