What we offer
- Volunteer opportunities for seniors interested in sharing their skills and abilities with peers (Senior Navigators)
- Facilitation training for Senior Navigators
- Improved digital literacy skills
- Engaging in meaningful social activities
- Reduced social isolation of seniors
- Gained satisfaction in contributing to the well-being of seniors in the local community
We empower seniors to gain skills necessary to use online platforms on their mobile phones to participate in virtual settlement workshops, conversation circles and field trips offered by ISSofBC and other community agencies.
- Facilitation training sessions for Senior Navigators as well as orientation to settlement services and seniors’ services in the community
- Weekly peer support groups in English and some first languages
- Training on digital access for mobile phones
- Drop-in sessions to allow seniors to ask questions, practice newly acquired tech skills
- Guest speakers based on interests and needs of the group
The New Horizons for Seniors Program (NHSP) is a federal grants and contributions program whose goal is to support projects that help foster social inclusion and improve seniors’ health and well-being.