Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre - 2610 Victoria Drive, Vancouver
- Meet once per week for a 6 – 12 month period with a newcomer.
- Welcome newcomers to Canada and connect them to their community.
- Be a resource person who assists newcomers to learn about different aspects of life in Canada.
- Be an explorer who is interested in learning about newcomers’ culture and language.
- Be a friend who provides friendship and support to newcomers.
- Be an initiator who takes the lead to develop a connection with the newcomer and maintains contact each week.
- Willingness to learn and appreciate the cultural practices of others
- Desire to help others
- Reliable and responsible
- Knowledge of services and resources available in Vancouver (or the ability to research them)
Commitment: 2-4 hours a week for 6 – 12 months
Dates: Continuous intake throughout the year
Contact: Dorcas Mendez