Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: ISSofBC Metro Vancouver
Settlement Program – Metro Vancouver location
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Facilitates opportunities for settlement clients and volunteers to increase their digital literacy and confidence to be able to access to online and remote services, including email, Zoom, Telegram, Newcomer.info texting, and volunteer external portal. Supports clients through direct coaching or with the assistance of volunteer online navigator mentors.
Note: this position is a mobile position. While some services will be provided online, this position will also provide in-person services at ISSofBC offices across Metro Vancouver.
Associate Director – Settlement
- Supports clients in accessing online and remote service delivery through direct coaching or with assistance of volunteer online navigator mentors.
- Provides workshops and drop-ins on digital literacy and increased familiarity with remote tools. Facilitate online client registration and access for workshops.
- Registers clients to appropriate Telegram or Newcomer.info client groups, updating lists as appropriate.
- Arranges for translation and distribution of mass messages through Telegram or Newcomer.info to ensure timely access to settlement-related information or changes in government programs or benefits.
- Assists Associate Director – Settlement in the creation of client-focused, multilingual materials supporting digital literacy, privacy, and confidentiality in remote services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of a certificate or diploma in education, office administration, business or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferably in a related social service field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to facilitate online and in-person group activities.
- Proficiency in the use of online platforms and messaging apps, including Telegram, Zoom, Newcomer.info text messaging.
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex technology to low digital literacy clients using plain language.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff and the public who are from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office software and experienced in entering information into databases.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English. Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2021-Settlement-03A” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Wednesday, April 21, 2021
Salary Rate: $23.32 – $24.75 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.