Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC New Westminster
Settlement Program – New Westminster location
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Reporting to the Manager – Settlement, is responsible for providing administrative support and reception at a designated ISSofBC Immigrant Services Centre.
- Performs reception and clerical duties related to the Immigrant Services Centre including word processing, filing, copying, faxing, processing mail, collating documents, and receiving visitors. Responds to and transfers phone calls as required.
- Inputs client and program information and statistics into ISSofBC’s database. Once entered, updates and maintains information as required.
- Provides information to clients and internal contacts regarding available services. If clients are requesting services which are not provided at the Immigrant Services Centre, refers individuals to appropriate external agencies.
- Prepares and updates service information and resources. Distributes and posts information in designated areas and via approved email lists.
- Prepares purchase orders and cheque requisitions for signature by the Manager ensuring that all supporting documentation is provided. Process signed documentation to Finance in a timely manner and according to established procedures.
- Responds to reports of technical problems related to photo-copiers, fax machines, printers and computers. If unable to resolve the issue refers matter to Manager or appropriate department.
- Coordinates meetings including notification/confirmation, facility booking, audio-visual equipment and catering.
- Generates program specific and other reports at the request of the Manager.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Completion of a certificate or diploma in office administration, business or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferably in a related social service field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English. Fluency in a second language is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff and the public who are from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office software and experienced in entering information into databases.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
- Service-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to help the department and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2019-Settlement-14A” in the subject line and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Monday, June 17, 2019
Salary Rate: $17.39 – $19.00 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.