Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC Terminal
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program – Terminal Location
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting immediately
Reporting to the Manager – CareerPath, performs reception and administrative support functions for the program. Screens, registers and sets up appointments for clients. Assists in the areas of program marketing, job matching, resume development, client follow-up, database maintenance, record-keeping, and event/workshop preparation. Maintains records and files using the required software program and enters data using the required database program. Ensures that the database of local vocational and career training programs is kept current. Provides word processing for the program including: general correspondence, training and job search-related correspondence.
- Performs reception and clerical duties related to the Career Path Program including word processing, filing, copying, faxing, processing mail, collating documents, and receiving visitors. Responds to and transfers phone calls as required.
- Enters client service record information into a centralized data base. Once entered, updates and maintains information in the data base.
- Generates contractual program-specific statistical reports and any other reports at the request of the Manager.
- Prepares and updates program information and marketing materials, including desktop publishing and production; arranges translations of marketing materials as needed, for distribution to the ethnic media.
- Assists counsellors in preparing logistics for the conduct of information sessions, workshops, and marketing activities. Under specific instructions, conducts follow-ups with clients.
- Assists counsellors in providing job leads/job postings to clients, matching clients with suitable jobs and providing follow-up assistance or coaching to clients.
- Prepares purchase orders and cheque requisitions for signature by the Manager ensuring that all supporting documentation is provided. Process signed documentation to Finance in a timely manner and according to established procedures.
- Contacts internal/external case managers, ISSofBC staff, service providers, community organizations, employers, professional associations, and educational institutions to obtain or provide information and build positive working relationships.
- Maintains and updates database of client information and vocational training, employment assistance programs, and job postings available in Vancouver and the Lower Mainland.
- Responds to reports of technical problems related to photo-copiers, fax machines, printers and computers. If unable to resolve the issue refers matter to Manager or appropriate department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Completion of a certificate or diploma in office administration, business or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferably in a related social service field; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer. Fluency in a second language is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff and the public from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office software and experienced in entering information into databases.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2018-CP-12A” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4pm, Wednesday, December 12, 2018
Salary Rate: $17.39 – $19.00 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.