Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: ISSofBC Surrey
At ISSofBC we believe in:
- Passion Helping immigrants start and build a future in Canada
- Diversity Acceptance of individuals’ unique needs and aspirations
- Teamwork When you succeed, we succeed
The IGNITE program supports immigrants and refugees to navigate local entrepreneurship and design, develop and launch their own business start-up.
In IGNITE we believe that our clients deserve a proactive partner who helps them succeed. We bring empathy, are forward-thinking, and we’re constantly iterating our tools and processes to deliver a proactive client experience in a fast-changing environment.
As a Service Assistant for IGNITE, you will be the first point of contact for our clients, stakeholders, and partners. You will providing reception and administrative support functions for the program, including maintaining records and files and entering data into the program database. Provide word processing for the program including general correspondence. Assist in the areas of program marketing, mentor matching, client follow-up, database maintenance, record-keeping, and event/workshop preparation.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Perform reception and clerical duties including word processing, filing, copying, processing mail, collating documents, and receiving visitors
- Enter client service record information into a centralized database. Maintain and update database of client information as well as entrepreneur assistance programs, and current and potential Resource Team members available the Lower Mainland.
- Prepare and update program information and marketing materials, utilizing desktop publishing and production. Prepare template contracts to for individuals hired to translate marketing materials as required, for distribution to target ethnic populations, media etc.
- Prepare mailing lists, create, and disseminate surveys to clients and organizes and schedules focus groups.
- Assist in coordinating and scheduling meetings; preparing logistics setting-up information sessions, workshops, and marketing activities; and, when directed, may provide client follow-up assistance
- Prepare purchase orders and cheque requisitions for signature by the Program Manager ensuring that all supporting documentation is provided. Process signed documentation to Finance in a timely manner and according to established procedures. Administer travel vouchers/bus tickets and keeps basic financial records
- Contact internal/external case managers, ISSofBC staff, service providers, community organizations, Resource Team members, training providers and financial institutions to obtain or provide information, building positive working relationships in the process
- Performs other related duties as assigned
What You Bring
- Completion of a certificate or diploma in office administration, business or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of one (1) year of related experience preferably in a related social service field OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer
- Enthusiasm for a dynamic environment that has intricate processes, diverse teams, and an evolving post-COVID landscape for small business owners and entrepreneurs
What Makes You a Change Maker
- A natural connector with a can-do attitude
- A passion for client-oriented services with a willingness to help the team and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets
- Creativity & innovation in marketing the program
- New and exciting ways to manage time and resources efficiently
- Bold curiosity and a willingness to learn new technology with previous experience with Microsoft Office, Zoom and Microsoft Teams
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check
ISSofBC Value Proposition
- Competitive salary ($19.81 – $25.90 per hour) – starting rate subject to qualifications, relevant experience, and internal equity
- Extended health and dental benefits
- 105 hours of vacation and 35 hours of personal leave
- Employer matched RRSP with contributions up to 5%
- Hybrid work opportunity
- Collaborative peers with a wide range of backgrounds and talents
- Inclusive culture
- Innovative workplace with opportunity for new approaches
If you are passionate about making a difference, apply now!
Start Date: ASAP
Position: Two (2) regular full-time at 35 hours per week
Closing Date: 4 pm, November 11, 2021, or until position is filled
Email applications must include: “2021-Ignite-08” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.