Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: ISSofBC Vancouver
Resettlement Assistance Program – ISSofBC Welcome Centre
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Reporting to the Manager, RAP and under the daily oversight of the Assistant Manager, RAP, assists the RAP team in implementing routine administrative procedures and tasks to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of RAP. Maintains client files and schedules and ensures completeness and accuracy of electronic files. Does clerical work such as data entry, filing, scanning, copying, handling fax, running data queries, etc.
- Receives Notification of Arrival Transmissions and inputs this and other client data into ISSofBC database system. Maintains accurate and up-to-date ISSofBC files on government-assisted refugees (GARs) by performing a variety of activities including but not limited to: opening, preparing, updating, closing and organizing/filing client files (electronic and physical).
- Performs routine administrative tasks as per established procedures such as preparing copies of forms and other documents for CIC intake and SIN application appointment and preparing schedules for clients’ appointment with agencies such as CIC and Service Canada.
- Facilitates opening of client bank accounts and direct deposit set up by performing a variety of activities such as: sending requested documents to the bank, scheduling client appointments, processing forms for the Direct Deposit of GARs Cheques. Follows up and communicates with the bank and CIC services for direct deposit as needed for troubleshooting.
- Following established guidelines and procedures, communicates updated information from client files to CIC and other partners including but not limited to: copies of case management monitoring forms, Social Insurance Numbers, new address).
- Prepares data related information for RAP and related programs (such as, but not limited to, data for GAR quarterly bulletins and RAP quarterly reports) and for external partners, as per requested by RAP Management.
- Assists RAP team with basic tasks and troubleshooting related to RAP database, such as but not limited to, enrolling new users and updating version of Database system.
- Provides lunch time / break relief duties at Reception and partially replaces the other Service Assistants, during their absence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Grade 12 education. Certification or diploma in office administration from a training institution recognized by the employer supplemented by one (1) year experience in general office clerical work OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experienced recognized by the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Windows applications, software, databases and Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to communication effectively in both written and oral English.
- Good interpersonal skills for dealing with visitors, callers and internal staff who come from diverse backgrounds and at various levels of the organization.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a clear BC Criminal Record Check.
Applications must include “2020-RAP-01” in the subject line and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Friday, January 24, 2020
Salary Range: $17.39 – $19.00 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.