Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC Metro Vancouver
Settlement Program – Metro Vancouver location
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Reporting to the Division Manager, Settlement Services and consistent with ISSofBC policies and funder’s guidelines, manages the Settlement Programs and activities in all locations to ensure achievement of program goals and objectives
- Manages contractual agreement(s) based on a thorough understanding of the scope, intent and activities found in both the proposal(s) and agreement(s).
- Makes recommendation to the Division Manager for modifying delivery of programs and services.
- Supports Division Manager to coordinate service delivery to ensure optimal outcomes in accordance with contractual requirements. Ensures appropriate administrative procedures, records and systems are in place to support program delivery.
- Monitors program budget(s) targets to ensure optimal client outcomes. Makes recommendations to Division Manager to ensure program/budget objective are met applying, inter-personal and creative problem-solving skills to address solutions. Implements approved recommendations and monitors outcomes.
- Oversees the recruitment, training, and evaluation of all Settlement staff (including Managers).
- Prepares narrative reports to Division Manager.
- Establishes and enhances networks with government agencies, community partners, employers, and professional bodies.
- Keeps abreast of current trends and developments in the Settlement sector to ensure program plans, operation, and methods remain relevant and current.
- Represents the organization at local meetings as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Baccalaureate in Social Sciences, Business, or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years related experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization, and with external stakeholders and the community.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with staff, clients, external stakeholders, and the public who come from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills, experience operationalizing programs or projects.
- Knowledge of and experience in managing funded programs.
- Demonstrated management skills in program/service delivery, promotion, and marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and supervisory skills combined with strong time management and organizational skills. Proven ability to lead a diverse multi-disciplinary team of employees in multiple locations.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with staff and manage self-care.
- Service-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to help the department and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position
Applications must include “2021-Settlement-22” in the subject line and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Tuesday, August 3, 2021
Salary Range: $32.32 – $34.31 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.