Type: Regular full-time
Location: IssofBC Vancouver
Finance and IT Department – ISSofBC Welcome Centre
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Manages and oversees all activities in Accounts Payable and Payroll administration. Assist in the development and management of Internal Audit procedures to ensure adherence to established Policies and Procedures. Support Controller in the areas of financial claims, financial forecast, accounting transaction review, and Finance department supervision. Provide support to the Director, Finance & IT, and Controller in the maintenance and continuous improvement of the financial information system.
- Supervises the Accounts Payable Administrator and Payroll& Benefits Administrator. Oversees accounts payable and payroll and benefits processing functions ensuring the process are accurate, secure, and timely. Prepares general ledger and payroll general ledger entries as required.
- Develops and manages an Internal Audit function to monitor and test audit all finance and accounting functions to verify compliance with established policies and procedures. Reports and discusses audit findings and corrective measures to the Controller. Provide audit findings and recommendations to the Director, Finance & IT, and carries out corrective actions as assigned.
- Monitors and tracks staff cash advances and prepare journal entries. Reviews monthly reports of photocopy usage and bus ticket distribution from programs and prepares journal entries.
- Calculates and posts monthly cost allocations for telecommunication expenses (telephone, internet, other computer/web communication costs).
- Perform all routine bank related task for all projects/programs, including collecting, reconciling, and making deposit drop-off to financial institutions. Processes all donations received, including monitoring receipts, reconciliation, monthly reports, and issuing donation tax receipts.
- Uploads and authorizes EFT payments to Financial Institutions.
- Coordinate with HR Department in the reconciliation of staff vacation balances at the end of each calendar year.
- Upon receipt of HR report regarding changes to vacation entitlement banks i.e. (annual vacation increases a 5 and 10 years, one-off 1-week vacation at 15 years, etc.) adjusts vacation entitlement banks to reflect the change.
- Maintains the organizational Project Code List and provides timely distribution of updated lists to all staff as required.
- Maintain a continuous Capital/Fixed Assets schedule for programs in the Administration Division. Maintain capital assets amortization schedule, calculate and post monthly amortization expenses.
- Assists the Controller in preparing the annual consolidated budget, year-end audit working papers and in liaising and coordinating with external auditors.
- Assists and supports the Controller in programs/projects funder financial monitor and review audits.
- Perform reconciliation of various accounts and prepare journal entries if necessary.
- Maintains, supports, and assists in user training of the Sage 300 financial information system.
- Assists the Director, Finance & IT, and the Controller in providing continuous development of the Sage 300 financial information system or any Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software in areas pertaining to data processing and reporting.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Post-Secondary degree in accounting and business with a minimum of level 3 Charter Professional Accountant (CPA), supplemented by several years of finance and accounting experience in a senior level, internal audit experience, management/supervisory experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated proficiency in Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Financial reporting practice for Not-for-Profit and Charity sectors, electronic Payroll & HR system, Sage 300, MS Office 365 (Excel, Word, Teams).
- Demonstrated strong analytical and communication skills (oral and written English). interpersonal skills to deal with people of diverse multicultural backgrounds and at various levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, analyze, and handle a large volume of data.
- Service-oriented, willing to pitch in to help achieve the Finance Department and Organization desired objectives and targets.
- Ability to pass and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to set and maintain appropriate boundaries with clients/staff and manager self-care.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2021-Admin-01” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Salary Rate: $32.32 – $34.31 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.