Type: Temporary full-time
Location: ISSofBC Surrey and Terminal
Career Paths – Terminal and Surrey Welcome Centre locations
Temporary full-time position at 35 hrs per week starting as soon possible through to March 31, 2022
Supporting skilled immigrants entering regulated professions to research and prepare for their re-certification requirements. This role will support the unique needs of Career Paths clients pursuing regulated occupations, primarily working in biological sciences, engineering and/or technologist professions.
Division Manager – Career Services
- Collects and disseminates timely updates to clients on regulatory exam delays.
- Writes and produces occupation-specific resources, such as fact sheets and bulletins, for alternative routes for recredentialing or recertification.
- Manages an active calendar of available skills upgrading and recertification course options and working closely with the Case Management team to address course options in Action Planning with clients.
- Liaises and communicates with enrollment officers at training institutions to relay course openings, to ensure understanding of regulatory issues as well as delays, to our clients.
- Work directly with local skilled immigrants seeking employment, providing them with coaching and support to research and pursue their recredentialing requirements.
- Work collaboratively in a team dedicated to providing high-quality employment supports and guidance on process issues to newcomers to British Columbia.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum three (3) years experience in social services, employment counselling, customer service OR equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Understanding and/or experience of the realities and challenges newcomers face in Canada. Familiarity with the programs/services and resources available to newcomers in British Columbia is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional ability to interact authentically with people from diverse cultural, linguistic, and/or socio-economic backgrounds and experiences.
- Ability to think critically, analyze situations and issues.
- Excellent research skills, including the ability to find and share information quickly.
- Strong computer proficiency, including ability to use various types of technology.
- (Preferred) experience or understanding of biological sciences and/or engineer professions and their recertification routes in Canada.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
If you are not certain that your credentials a complete match, we encourage you to submit your application for consideration. ISSofBC is committed to helping immigrants build a future in Canada and you might be the perfect fit. Eligible employees receive employer-paid benefits, RRSP contributions, and 3 weeks annual vacation.
Email applications must include “2021-CP-09” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: Open until position is filled; applications are reviewed as received
Salary Range: $24.75 – $26.27 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.