Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre
ISSofBC Welcome Centre
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible
Reporting to the Controller, is responsible for ensuring the administration and processing of the organization’s payroll and employee benefits and for providing support to the finance and accounting functions
- Administers payroll in accordance with statutory regulations and established policies and procedures.
- Verifies all employee timesheets and supporting payroll documentation for accuracy and completeness before entering data for import into the payroll system by performing such duties as rev of timesheets forwarded to Finance department for payment. Ensures all timesheets are supported by prescribed forms as required per established policies and procedures. Verifies the accuracy of calculation on the timesheets and the supporting documents; and that all timesheets are signed-off by approved signatories.
- Summarizes data from timesheets onto a spreadsheet for import into the payroll system, ensuring that the payroll data is transmitted and processed in a timely manner.
- Prepares and issues off-cycle payroll payments due to late timesheets, pay adjustments, etc. as required. Enters off-cycle payment data into the payroll system to update the YTD payroll register.
- Prepares and posts ACCPAC GL journal entries to reflect all payroll transactions based on bi-weekly payroll reports. Adjusts journal entries as required.
- Analyses and reconciles all payroll related GL accounts and ensures that all end of calendar year employee earnings and deductions are accurately reflected in the payroll register.
- Prepares ROE’s as required.
- Processes enrolment documents for employee Group RRSP’s and Group Medical benefits, administers changes to coverage information and responds to employee queries. Liaises with HR to verify employee entitlement to benefits.
- Maintains and updates \employee information in payroll system.
- Assembles sorts and distributes payroll related reports. Maintains filing system for payroll related documents and forms. Reconciles government statements and remittances.
- Responds to employee payroll and benefit inquiries and requests. With HR’s approval/request, responds to inquiries by third parties regarding employment verification.
Completion of post-secondary training in all aspects of payroll from a recognized training institution supplemented by a minimum of two (2) years recent related experience work performing payroll and benefit responsibilities in a medium-sized organization, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Sklls and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Ability to deal effectively and courteously with people of diverse cultural backgrounds and at all levels of the organization.
- Strong analytical skill and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Service-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to help achieve the department and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets.
- Demonstrated ability to remain current in all aspects of Canadian payroll legislation and practises.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2018-Admin-06” in the subject line and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Monday, October 29, 2018
Salary Rate: $25.25 per hour
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
ISSofBC offers eligible staff outstanding medical and employer-matched RRSP benefits.