ID: 2018-LCC-02A Repost
Type: On-call positions starting immediately
Location: ISSofBC Terminal
Reporting to the Division Manager and Instructional Coordinator – LCC, imparts vocational skills, as assigned, to adult international students, citizens, immigrants and refugees while supplementing their knowledge and understanding of local social and cultural norms. Monitors student progress and submits reports in a timely and mutually acceptable manner.
- Utilize lesson plans provided by the regular program instructors. Prepare materials as needed and conduct classroom lessons consistent with teaching goals and overall Program objectives.
- Provide feedback to students, referring them to the appropriate resources. Resolve any student issue/problem in a manner consistent with LCC guidelines/policies, proactively seeking help from the Instructional Coordinators as needed. Perform exit testing of students.
- Maintain up-to-date records and files on students, as required.
- Prepare and submit timely and accurate reports on students’ daily attendance, periodic assessments, evaluations and progress reports. Coordinate weekly testing of students.
- Organize and conduct field trips and other career-related activities consistent with teaching goals and program objectives.
- Collaborate with other Program staff and teachers in addressing /resolving common issues and creating mutually relevant action plans for the vocational programs.
- Stay informed of up-to-date program-relevant information and teaching techniques/methodologies to help ensure that LCC operations and methods remain current.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
University degree in business, commerce, or organizational behaviour supplemented by TESL Canada-recognized certification, Professional Instructor Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of twenty-four (24) months’ work experience in a filed related to business, commerce, trade or professional communication; OR and equivalent combination of education training and experience acceptable to the employer. Preference may be given to candidates with teaching experience with adults and experience/training in use of educational technology such as SmartBoards.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills in both written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with people from diverse multicultural backgrounds and at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and address client needs.
- Familiar with the use of educational technology including SmartBoards.
- A proven student-focused, team player.
- Able to pass and maintain a Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to perform all the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2018-LCC-02A” in the subject line and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online below.
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Monday, April 30, 2018 (A review of applications will be on a continual basis while the posting is open)
Salary Rate: $23.69 per hour
ISSofBC offers to eligible staff an outstanding medical and employer-matched RRSP benefits.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.