Location: ISSofBC Terminal and Surrey
Career Paths for Skilled Immigrants Program – Vancouver and Surrey locations
On-Call position starting as soon as possible through to March 31, 2022
The role of the Employer Relations Specialist (ERS) focuses on serving skilled professional clients who require assistance in finding meaningful work. In addition to marketing job placement services to generate job leads and placements for unemployed clients that are consistent with ISSofBC policies and funder’s guidelines, the ERS also: develops and maintains a database network of resources and employers contacts to ensure availability of job leads for clients, provides job information and resources to clients, pre-screens clients and employers and conducts quality job matches and job referrals and provides placement-related coaching and support and conducts follow-up activities with clients and employers.
Reports to the Manager, Career Paths Program.
- Develops and maintains a network of resources and employers to ensure availability of job leads for clients.
- Maintains a database of contacts; and markets job placement services to generate job leads and placements for clients.
- Conducts and delivers presentations to employers and employer groups in support of client marketing activities.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with prospective employers, resource persons, and other relevant organizations. Keeps abreast of developments in the local labour market and trends in the employment/career counselling area.
- Arranges placement of participants in job shadowing or work experience opportunities that improve their chances for securing jobs commensurate with their identified skills and experience.
- Works with program staff, as appropriate, to identify and pre-screen suitable candidates for job postings, and conducts the necessary screening interviews and appropriate tests to facilitate quality job matches and referrals.
- Conducts matches between the skills sets required by employers and the skills sets identified by the clients.
- Prepares and coaches participants for job and/or work experience placement interviews with employers.
- Provides ongoing coaching and support to clients. Consults with the relevant staff or the Manager regarding any unresolved issues and problems.
- Updates client’s information and employment activities in the client information system.
- Maintains necessary records and prepares accurate and timely narrative/statistical data for program reporting purposes.
- Perform administrative functions to support marketing activities, such as preparing correspondence, reports and records.
- Creates jobs postings and pre-screening interview forms.
- Participates in creating marketing strategies and activities with the marketing team such as planning and participating in outreach and recruitment activities, e.g., hiring events and career information workshops.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Business Management, Sociology or equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer. Job Developer certificate is an asset to the position.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff and the public who come from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and develop relationships with employers.
- Knowledge of local labour market trends and issues, especially those related to immigrants and/or clients with skilled professionals.
- Knowledgeable of the job search process.
- Demonstrated cross-cultural counselling abilities and the ability to work effectively with clients with multi-barriers.
- Proven skill set in the facilitation or workshops and small groups.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, software and databases.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a clear BC Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2021-CP-07A” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Thursday, May 13, 2021
Salary Rate: $24.02 per hour
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.