Type: On Call
Location: ISSofBC Vancouver
Resettlement Assistance Program – Welcome Centre
On-Call position starting as soon as possible
Cleans vacated suites according to established cleaning routine and ensures suites are in excellent condition for occupancy. On a regular basis maintains common areas such as hallways, patios etc. When possible, and time permitting, demonstrates cleaning techniques and use of laundry facilities to residents of Welcome Centre. Reports issues related to clients’ use of facilities and appliances to supervisor.
Welcome Centre Co-ordinator
- Cleans Welcome Centre temporary housing units when vacated by clients according to established cleaning schedule which includes performing such duties as: stripping bed linens, washing and drying linens and remaking beds; dusting and damp wiping all fixtures, furniture, doors, vents, etc.; cleaning and disinfecting bathroom fixtures; cleaning interior and exterior of stove and refrigerators; and emptying trash receptacles.
- Cleans and sweeps common areas used by Welcome Centre clients including common patio and balcony areas, and hallways. As needed, wash, dry and re-hang drapes.
- When possible and time permitting, demonstrates household cleaning techniques and the use of washers and dryers to Welcome Centre clients.
- Ensures cleaning equipment is in good repair and that there is an adequate amount of cleaning supplies. Advises the Welcome House Co-ordinator of the need to re-order supplies; fix or replace cleaning equipment; and if there is heavy duty cleaning or maintenance that needs to be performed.
- Reports problems between residents, inappropriate household habits or other concerns that are observed (including inappropriate behaviour by clients or guests) to the Welcome Centre Co-ordinator and/or RAP Counsellor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Completion of a Building Service Worker Certificate for a recognized training institution and a minimum of one (1) years’ recent related experience OR and equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff and the public who come from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Thorough understanding of WHMIS and demonstrated knowledge of how to safely store and use cleaning materials.
- Ability to operate related equipment in a safe manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and resources effectively.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
Email applications must include “2021-RAP-02A” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Open until position is filled; applications are reviewed as received
Wage rate is commensurate with the level of experience and qualifications you possess. A competitive benefits package is also available for eligible employees.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.