Type: Casual on-call
Location: ISSofBC Maple Ridge
Settlement Program – Maple Ridge location
On-call position starting immediately
Reporting to the Manager – Settlement Program, the Childminder will provide supervision and guided activities to children while their parent(s) attend Settlement workshops or short-term programming activities.
- Supervises children while parents are attending settlement programming and provides guided arts and crafts sessions.
- Is responsible for the set-up and clean-up of the childminding facilities and ensures a safe environment for the children is maintained.
- Immediate reports any identifiable medical or trauma issues to the parent and Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Must meet the definition of a “responsible adult” as defined under the Child Care Licensing Regulations as a person at least 19 years of age; has completed a course or combination of courses (at least 20 hrs in duration) in child development, guidance, health and safety, or nutrition; and have recent related work experience acceptable to the employer. Valid First Aid and CPR or Child Safe Certificate, Food Safe, and/or a second language will be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, children, staff and the public who are from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Applications must include “2018-Settlement-50” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Thursday, December 13, 2018
Salary Range: $17.00 per hour
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.