Type: Permanent / Full-time
*** We welcomes applications from all qualified candidates, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working with us. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact please contact your Employer Relations Specialist or Career Facilitator. For others, please contact 604-684-2561, or email: email@example.com and reference the Job ID in the subject title. We welcome the opportunity to discuss accommodation of your disability and ensure fairness in our hiring process.***
We are made up of a team of diverse people who are working collaboratively to reach our goal of 29 million passengers by 2020! Safety is at the core of everything we do; we’re innovative, fun, and we invest in our people. We’re a BC Top Employer for 12 years standing, with high engagement scores, an abundance of learning and development opportunities, and a holistic approach to wellness! And we’re looking for someone to join our team.
We have a permanent, full-time opportunity for a Manager, Airside Operations. Reporting to the Director, Airside Operations, the successful candidate is responsible for the overall management of the Airside Operations department. This position also manages the Compliance & Safety of the airfield.
As part of our recruitment process, short-listed candidates will be required to take part in a management assessment process.
Key responsibilities include:
• Oversees day to day operation of the airside operating environment
• Provides advice to the director Airside operations regarding all aspects of the Airside Operating environment and ensures regulatory compliance and that corporate operational and safety objectives are achieved
• Acts as our Airside Operations representative for various stakeholders such as NAV Canada, Transport Canada and Airlines and various internal stakeholders
Creates, revises, maintains and implements operating rules, regulations, standards and procedures to ensure airport safety; monitors and responds to deviations from airport operating rules and regulations; issues NOTAMS as required by federal regulations; manages all publications and AOM updates, revisions and reissuance
• Ensures that ‘day-of’ operational flow is managed through standard operating procedures and published policy; ensures the airport operates safely and efficiently
• Maintains overall situational awareness regarding the airport operation, identifies areas of concern that may impact airport operational flow and ensures interruptions to operations are mitigated as quickly and safely as possible
• Provides leadership to a team of Airside Safety Officers which includes monitoring work efforts and performance, hiring, coaching, motivating and supporting developmental activities, conducting formal evaluations and applying appropriate discipline
• Investigates safety incidents, including accidents and incursions, and develops recommendations and corrective action plans to enhance airside safety and operating efficiency
Key qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree, plus at least 5-7 years’ experience working in an airport airside environment and demonstrated experience leading and managing a team within a dynamic environment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships within the organization and with external business partners
• Strong technical knowledge of the applicable laws and regulations
• Excellent written communication skills
• Knowledge of Safety Management System Principles and risk management methodologies
• Demonstrated conflict resolution and mediation skills which includes the ability to remain impartial while managing the violation appeal process
• Sound judgment and decision making skills necessary for managing customer requests and demands
• Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multitask both day-to-day and project work