Type: Regular full-time
Location: ISSofBC Terminal
Employment Program – Terminal location
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting on August 9, 2021
*Position is contingent on funding approval
Manages the day-to-day operations of the program to ensure achievement of goals consistent with ISSofBC’s policies and the funder’s guidelines. Supervises program marketing initiatives, curriculum development/enhancement, participant and project evaluations, and reporting/administrative functions.
Division Manager – Career Services
- Coordinates service delivery activities including program marketing, participant recruitment, data collection and reporting, management of collaborative relationships, and management of performance outcomes.
- Supervises program/service delivery to ensure optimal outcomes in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Monitors and reviews service delivery. Solicits participant and community feedback on quality of services provided.
- Implements enhancement actions to improve client outcomes.
- As the main contact for the funder, ensures a strong and effective relationship, and that all reports, claims and requests for information and addressed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provides strategic direction for the program and develops key relationships with stakeholders such as employer partners, industry associations, and local community partners.
- Recruits, orients, trains, supervises, and evaluates program staff. Coordinates with Human Resources and/or Payroll as required.
- Develops program budget(s). Ensures service and program expenditures and operations are within approved budget parameters.
- Coordinates service delivery activities including program marketing and participant recruitment, data collection and reporting, management of collaborative relationships, and management of performance outcomes.
- Prepares narrative, financial, and statistical reports as required. Oversees efficient maintenance of program files, client and inventory records.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Baccalaureate in Business, Social Services (Social Work, Psychology), Education or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of two (2) years recent related experience in a managerial capacity, preferably in an employment-related capacity, OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Familiarity with the programs/services and resources available t newcomers in British Columbia is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding and/or experience of the realities and challenges newcomers face in Canada.
- Demonstrated management skills in program/service delivery, promotion, and marketing.
- Exceptional ability to interact authentically with people from diverse cultural, linguistic and/or socio-economic backgrounds and experiences.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and supervisory skills. Proven ability to lead a diverse multi-disciplinary team of employees in multiple locations.
- Ability to think critically, analyze situations and issues.
- Excellent research skills, including the ability to find and share information quickly.
- Strong computer proficiency, including ability to use various types of technology.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing, operationalizing, and managing funded programs or projects is preferred.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
If you are not certain that your credentials are a 100% fit for this position, we encourage you to apply anyway. ISSofBC is committed to helping immigrants build a future in Canada and you might be the perfect fit. Qualified employees are eligible for employer-paid benefits, matching RRSP contributions and 3 weeks annual vacation.
Email applications must include “2021-Employment-01” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Monday, August 9, 2021, or until the position is filled
Salary Range: $29.79 – $31.62 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview