Type: Temporary Full-Time
Location: ISSofBC Surrey
Blaze – Self-Employment for Newcomer Youth – Surrey Welcome Center location
Temporary full-time position at 35 hours per week starting on April 2021 through to March 2022.
Blaze is a new entrepreneurship program for newcomer immigrant and refugee youth in Metro Vancouver. With two streams of services, the program supports both aspiring entrepreneurs interested in business start-up, as well as existing youth entrepreneurs interested in business growth. Participants receive entrepreneurial skills training, and gain business experience and connections through resource teams and peer-to-peer support.
The Manager builds on the organizations’ engagement with the small business community and manages a team of Business Advisors to deliver meaningful opportunities for aspiring youth entrepreneurs to start or grow their business idea.
Senior Manager – Career Services
- Coordinates program/service delivery to ensure optimal outcomes in accordance with contractual requirements and in compliance with established policies, procedures and standards.
- Monitors and reviews service delivery. Solicits client/participant and community feedback on quality of services provided. Makes recommendations to the Senior Manager for revision and/or restructuring of program delivery and services as required to ensure optimal client outcomes.
- Recruits, orientates, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff in the Blaze program. Creates staffing schedules and resolves staffing issues. Handles day-to-day human resource, payroll, and requests for leaves, seeking input from Senior Manager, Payroll, and/or Human Resources on more complex issues. Consults with Senior Manager, Division Manager and/or Director of Human Resources on labour relations matters.
- Develops program budget(s) for approval by the Senior Manager. Ensures service and program expenditures and operations are within approved budget parameters. Notifies the Senior Manager in a timely manner of any emerging issues or variances.
- Collaborates with Communications Department staff to develop client or small business-facing marketing collateral.
- Coordinates, conducts, and delivers presentations to small business owners and community members in support of client marketing activities.
- Plans and executes employer-related events. Coordinates staff in the planning and delivery of employer networking sessions, job fairs, industry panels, trade talks and employer exhibits.
Baccalaureate in Social Services, Business Administration, Public Policy, Education, or related field supplemented by a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years’ recent related employment services work experience and a minimum of two (2) years’ experience as a supervisor or manager in a mid-size organization OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Additional training in Conflict Resolution, Staff Training and/or Coaching is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clientele, staff, and the public from differing cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills including experience developing and operationalizing programs or projects, program/service delivery and promotion and marketing.
- Demonstrated management skills in program/service delivery, promotion, and marketing.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and managing funded programs.
- Service-oriented with a demonstrated willingness to help the department and the organization achieve desired objectives and targets.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and supervisory skills.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to set and maintain boundaries with clients and manage self-care.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2021-BL-01A” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Tuesday, April 20, 2021
Salary Range: $29.79 – $31.62 per hour (based on training and qualifications)
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.