Type: Regular, full-time
Regular, full-time position working 32 hours per week, Monday – Thursday starting as soon as possible
Opportunity to work a hybrid-work schedule with some hours in-office and some hours working remotely
Consistent with ISSofBC policies, procedures and standards, is responsible for the achievement of goals and objectives for LINC programs and activities in a designated service area.
Reporting to: Division Manager – LINC
- Coordinates program/service delivery to ensure optimal outcomes in accordance with contractual requirements.
- Monitors and reviews service delivery. Solicits client/participant and community feedback on quality of services provided. Makes recommendations to the Division Manager for revision and/or restructuring of program delivery and services as required to ensure optimal client outcomes. With approval from the Division Manager implements remedial actions to improve client outcomes.
- As an identified knowledge expert is responsible for keeping current on trends and developments and disseminating that information to others.
- Recruits, orientates, trains, supervises, and evaluates staff in designated area. Handles day-to-day human resource, payroll and requests for leaves, seeking input from Division Manager, Payroll, and/or Human Resources on more complex issues. Consults with Division Manager and/or Director of Human Resources on labour relations matters.
- Provides input into program budget(s). Ensures service and program expenditures and operations are within approved budget parameters. Notifies the Division Manager in a timely manner of any emerging issues or variances.
- Facilitates service delivery area logistics regarding office supplies. Liaises with landlord as required and deals with security alarm issues. Ensures premises are well maintained, that annual fire drills are conducted and hat WorkSafeBC and ISSofBC safety regulations are adhered to.
- Markets ISSofBC programs and services by performing such activities as representing ISSofBC at meetings, inter-agency committees and community forums,
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Baccalaureate in Social Services, Business, Education or related discipline supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years recent experience in a supervisory/managerial capacity, OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Proven organizational and administrative skills, experience developing and operationalizing programs or projects.
- Knowledge of and experience in developing and managing funded programs.
- Demonstrated management skills in program/service delivery, promotion, and marketing.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, and supervisory skills. Proven ability to lead a diverse multi-disciplinary team of employees in multiple locations.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to pass and maintain a clear Criminal Record Check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
If you are not certain that your credentials are a complete match, we encourage you to submit your application for consideration. ISSofBC is committed to helping immigrants build a future in Canada and you might be the perfect fit. Eligible employees receive employer-paid medical benefits, RRSP contributions, and 3 weeks’ annual vacation.
Email applications must include “2021-LINC-16” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Closing Date: By 4 pm on Tuesday, September 28, 2021, or until position is filled. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Wage rate commensurate with the training and qualifications you bring to the position.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.
ISSofBC offers eligible staff outstanding medical and employer-matched RRSP benefits.