Location: Whistler, BC
– Provide guiding service in Whistler, and between Vancouver and Whistler according to the itinerary provided by Japanese tour companies or by Japanese individual clients
– Assist Japanese tourists check in to hotels or activities.
– Provide information on points of interest, Canadian/local history or culture.
– Sell optional tours/meals available to clients after their arrival to Whistler.
– Resolve problems that occurred to clients – such as hotel overbooking, discrepancy in the services by venders, flight cancellation, road closures, etc.
– Provide interpretation services in Japanese when tourists need assistance (needing to see doctor, etc.).
– Make sure clients’ stays in Whistler are safe and comfortable, and as a result they will spread positive comments to future visitors to Whistler or Canada when they get back to their home country.
– good customer service skill
– English language skill is required. Also, due to the nature of our business, candidate must be able to communicate with our customers who come from Japan in spoken/written Japanese.
– high school diploma or equal education required.
– no work experience required.
– cash handling skill
– must be a Canadian citizen, Canadian immigrant or have a visa to be eligible to work in Canada.
(Please indicate your eligibility for working in Canada in your application.)
– knowledge of Whistler area would be an asset.
– Commission, life insurance, dental & extended medical insurance
– The wage for the qualified candidate will be $15.00 hourly.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted
*** To Apply: For ISSofBC clients, please contact your Employment Counselor or Career Facilitator. For others, please contact 604-684-2561, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the Job ID in the subject title.