ID: ES- 25790
Location: Delta, BC
Amazon is looking for individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced environment that involves working with and around moving machinery. Fulfillment centers are where associates bring Amazon orders to life for our customers.
You will work with lots of fellow Amazonians and meet even more great people during the holiday seasons. The items shipped in each warehouse can range in size from books and cosmetics to kayaks and flat screen televisions. As an Amazon associate, there are a variety of jobs you can be trained in and asked to do. These include but are not limited to stowing items into a bin, picking customer orders, packing these orders, sorting items and placing packages on to trucks.
- Hands-on work. You can expect to handle packages ranging from small envelopes up to boxes weighing up to 49 pounds.
- Receives product using frequency scanners, pulls and packs products and unloads shipments from trucks.
- Be on the move. You should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment in order to move large quantities of merchandise throughout a 10-12 hour day.
- Potential requirement to operate powered industrial truck equipment. You may be asked stow and pick items from our racks, which can be approximately 45 feet tall, and sometimes in narrow aisles.
- Flexibility to work any shift, willing and able to work overtime as required
- You must be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to 10-12 hours a day and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach, all with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Youre able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
- You are comfortable working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines).
- You must be willing and able to work on powered industrial trucks, such as a forklift or order picker.
- Basic Qualifications Must be at least 18 years old
- Have obtained a high school diploma or equivalent
*** To Apply: For ISSofBC clients, please contact your Employment Counselor or Career Facilitator. For others, please contact 604-684-2561, or email: email@example.com and reference the Job ID in the subject title.