Type: Regular Full-Time
Location: WorkBC Employment Center - Kootenays
WorkBC Employment Centre – Kootenays
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting on January 18, 2021
Reporting to the WorkBC Manager and WorkBC Program Manager – Kootenays, assists eligible job seekers who are employed or underemployed, to achieve labour market attachment by performing such activities as assessing employment readiness and eligibility, supporting client(s) to identify realistic employment options and develop realistic action plans, become job ready, and successfully transition to sustainable employment.
- Assist client to become job ready be performing such activities as: arranging for further education or up-grading, researching funding sources or funding alternatives and preparing education funding applications for approval.
- Advises clients and employers of wage subsidy information and placement terms. Subsequently follows up with clients and employers to ensure education, work experience, and employment placements and agreements are established and maintained. Monitors the quality of client placements.
- Markets employment and training program(s) to prospective clients and employers. Develops related promotional materials as required.
- Completes and maintains client related records, documentation, and reports.
- Evaluates individual’s background, skills, and interest and matches to potential job openings or training programs
- Coaches and prepares candidate for interview and entry into the workforce
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in business administration, community social services supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years recent related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience acceptable to the employer. Second language is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, staff and the public who may come from differing cultural, linguistic and/or socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable of career development and labour market needs and trends.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a high-volume caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2021-WorkBC-01” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Tuesday, January 19, 2021
Salary Rate: $24.75 – $26.27 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.