Type: Regular full-time
Location: WorkBC VCC and Downtown Eastside
WorkBC Employment Centre – VCC and Downtown Eastside
Regular full-time position at 35 hours per week starting as soon as possible.
Reporting to the WorkBC Manager and Associate Program Director – WorkBC VCC and Downtown Eastside, assists eligible job seekers who are employed or underemployed, to achieve labour market attachment by performing such activities as assessing employment readiness and eligibility, supporting client(s) to identify realistic employment options and develop realistic action plans, become job ready, and successfully transition to sustainable employment.
- Assist client to become job ready be performing such activities as: arranging for further education or up-grading, researching funding sources or funding alternatives and preparing education funding applications for approval.
- Advises clients and employers of wage subsidy information and placement terms. Subsequently follows up with clients and employers to ensure education, work experience, and employment placements and agreements are established and maintained. Monitors the quality of client placements.
- Actively builds relationships with local employers to match clients/candidates to job opportunities and provides post-hire support to employers to promote the long-term employment placements of clients.
- Markets employment and training program(s) to prospective clients and employers. Develops related promotional materials as required.
- Completes and maintains client related records, documentation, and reports.
- Evaluates individual’s background, skills, and interest and matches to potential job openings or training programs.
- Coaches and prepares candidate for interviews and entry into the workforce.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, business administration, community social services supplemented by a minimum of three (3) years recent related experience OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and oral English at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and courteously with clients, staff and the public who may come from differing cultural, linguistic and/or socio-economic backgrounds.
- Knowledgeable of career development and labour market needs and trends.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage a high-volume caseload.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and problem-solve.
- Proficiency in all aspects of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Possession of and the ability to maintain a clear provincial criminal recork check.
- Ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Email applications must include “2021-WorkBC-08” and can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Friday, July 23, 2021
Salary Rate: $24.75 – $26.27 per hour (based on training and qualifications); 100% paid group medical benefits and 3 weeks’ annual vacation for eligible regular staff.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.