Type: Regular, full-time
Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre-Vancouver
At ISSofBC we believe in:
- Passion Helping immigrants start and build a future in Canada
- Diversity Acceptance of individuals’ unique needs and aspirations
- Teamwork When you succeed, we succeed
About the Position
Leading a 3-member team, this position has responsibility to support the successful implementation of the organization’s strategic goals including the associated comms and marketing budget, comms and marketing goals and outcomes, unique events such as ISSofBC’s 50th anniversary celebrations in 2022 and other milestone or new achievements. Additionally, the Director will develop and manage communication workflow and content, periodical re-branding and/or redesigning the agency website when required, as well as ongoing support and development of all social media accounts and content around program marketing, internal communications, and supporting fundraising efforts. Supports the Senior Leadership Team through periodic comms and marketing updates to the Team including high level analytics, campaign impacts, etc.
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Supports the Leadership Team Communication needs through various events and methods
- Create and analyze communication and marketing matrix against stated goals e.g. increase market share as per the overall ISSofBC and Communication and Marketing strategic plans.
- Develop and implement communications and marketing strategies for organizational milestones or new achievements by creating, managing, and direct communication updates to clients, staff, and stakeholders. This may include development of social media campaigns, digital messaging board, developing public lecture series, creating videos, and other special event activities.
- Create/update a 2–3 year communication and marketing strategic plan including communication crisis management plan for the organization.
- Develop and update, as needed, brand to ensure consistent branding throughout the organization.
- Work with Program Associate Directors and/or Managers, to support program recruitment and awareness goals, including developing program specific marketing campaigns, content creation and coordinating program sub-brands, if required including centralizing and operating department’s social media accounts/content, etc.
- Create, manage, and direct communication updates to clients, staff, and stakeholders using a variety of platforms including clients with or without digital literacy and access to technology.
- Assists in the production of annual staff and volunteer recognition events. Takes the lead in providing communications support for ISSofBC’s Annual General meeting including report.
- Oversees the recruitment, selection, orientation, training, and performance evaluation of Communication & Marketing program staff.
- Provides input into and makes recommendations to COO to ensure program/budget objectives are met, applying inter-personal, and creative problem-solving skills to address solutions. Drafts annual budget for approval. Monitors budget and reports variances to the COO.
- Represents the organization at local meetings assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Bring
As a senior communications and marketing leader with a post-secondary degree in communications or marketing, OR an equivalent combination of educations, training, and experience acceptable to the employer, you bring with you a minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in increasingly progressive and challenging positions with experience in delivering organization-wide strategic communication plans. Experience in the not-for-profit sector as well as experience in working with target populations representing a diversity of languages, digital literacy and ethnicity is considered an asset.
What Makes You a Change Maker
- An expert communicator, you excel at communicating in all forms and with ethnically diverse stakeholders.
- Have in-depth experience leading and motivating people and experience in working with senior-level leadership, staff, volunteers, and peer organizations
- Have lived experience of immigration, or the impacts of immigration (e.g. 2nd generation) is desirable
- Have communication and marketing experience that targets newcomer clients who have English as an Additional Language or are in the process of learning English and additionally, who may be digital illiterate.
- Proficiency in the use of standard software applications, digital media platforms, and client management software. Some graphic art design experience would be beneficial.
- Are in possession of and can maintain a clear provincial criminal record check.
- Can carry out the duties of the position.
ISSofBC Value Proposition
- Competitive salary at $95,000. Education, training, experience, and internal equity will be taken into consideration.
- Extended health and dental benefits
- 140 hours of vacation and 35 hours personal leave
- 100% employer matched RRSP contributions
- Collaborative peers with a wide range of backgrounds and talents
- Inclusive culture
- Innovative workplace with opportunity for new approaches
If you are passionate about making a difference, apply now!
Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: ISSofBC Welcome Centre – Vancouver
Position: Regular full-time at 35 hours per week
Closing Date: By 4 pm, Friday, January 28, 2022
Email applications must include “2022-Admin-02” in the subject line and can be sent to: email@example.com
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants; however, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.