About The Position
Are you energized by helping others succeed? Love sharing and helping explain a great product? Know how to play matchmaker between product and customer needs? Excited to get your feet wet in a growing tech company? You know that the success of any company is tied to the customer experience and that’s where you come in.
You’ll work directly with our course creators; speaking with potential customers before they’ve chosen us, helping them decide if our company is the right fit for their online education, and supporting them as they grow their business. As a first point of contact on email and phone, you’ll be answering questions, giving advice, solving problems using your technical know-how and helping our customers build successful online businesses. Beyond supporting our existing customers, you’ll also respond to inbound questions from prospects to help them decide our company is the right fit for their business needs.
Some of your typical responsibilities might look like:
– You’ll be talking to customers over email, phone, live chat and video screen shares
– You’ll be supporting customers at different stages of the customer journey from jumping on calls with prospects to discuss their needs, to helping customers launch their courses, to coaching customers close to churning
– You’ll get an opportunity to take on side projects based on your areas of interest such as helping grow our Facebook group, hosting webinars, writing blog articles or triaging bugs for our Tier II developers
– You’ll be involved in the QA of new features as they are released and work closely with our product team
– You’ll answer the support and sales phone line about one day in every two weeks, and jump on weekend support every four weeks, getting a day off in lieu the following week!
Here are the “must haves” to be successful in this role:
– You have at least 2+ years online customer support experience in a customer-facing role (bonus points for past SAAS tech support experience)
– Speaking with customers on the phone is your bread and butter
– You’ve rarely run into a roadblock you can’t creatively get around (and whenever you need it, you’re humble enough to ask for help)
– You have stellar communication skills both verbal and written, but know it’s equally important to listen and understand your customers
Here are a few hints that you might be the person we’re looking for (you match up with a number of these):
– You are fanatical about customer success – you aren’t afraid to jump on a call or go above and beyond to create an amazing customer experience. We take customer success really seriously. Everyone in our company should know our platform inside out and be ready to identify and recommend the right solutions as the situation arises. Even our CEO jumps into the ticket queue!
– You have experience supporting customers in the decision-making process by identifying and delivering the right solution based on their individual needs
– You know the importance of building trust and confidence with leads and customers alike
– You have a flair for translating product features into tangible benefits for customers
– You’re passionate about online education, digital marketing, and small business (or all of the above!)
– You’re confident in your HTML and CSS knowledge (and get a kick out of helping to identify and solve new problems)
– You have previous experience working in an inbound sales environment
– You’ve taken a variety of online courses on different platforms
– You have experience teaching, mentoring or coaching in-person or online
– You’ve created external documentation for a help center before
What you’ll get out of this role:
– Access to a diverse customer base where the problems and people are always different: one day you can have a yoga instructor emailing you from the beach, the next you might be speaking with an executive from the boardroom
– Advancement and growth. We are going places and taking you with us for the ride! We like to promote from within and we do it often
– Experience in a sales and customer-focused environment, where everyone is responsible for the growth of the company
– There’s an opportunity for flexible hours for this specific role that can include evening or weekend hours to suit your schedule
*** To Apply: For ISSofBC clients, please contact your Employment Counselor or Career Facilitator. For others, please contact 604-684-2561, or email: email@example.com and reference the Job ID in the subject title.***